Wedding & Party Calligraphy
I enjoy working with brides & moms & party planners. I try to help make the calligraphy part of the event fun and pretty. We sit down together or at least email to make sure that we have a good understanding of what is needed. I check over the addresses, name spellings, color selections and calligraphic hand that is needed. I can provide a sample if needed to help anyone make up their mind. If you are interested in an invitation designed by RosesPen, or if you have questions, please email me. RosesPen
Preparing your Address List
Please read these hints before preparing your list of addressees. Please call or email me with any questions. I am always glad to help. Please type your list to appear as the address will appear on the envelope. (See examples below.) Spreadsheets are hard to read. Lists incur extra charge.
- Your list should be typewritten using upper and lower case and in “label format,” i.e. each line flush left. (Example addresses appear below.)
- Use a clear type face.
- Write out each name without abbreviations, but do use the proper salutation such as “Mr.”
- Do not abbreviate Street, Apartment, or State names; indicate whether “Apartment”, “Unit” or “Number” is to be used. Avoid # symbols.
- Have correct zip codes
- Invitees over 13 receive a separate invitation.
- “And guest” or “and family” goes on the inner envelope only.
- Children under 13 have their first names only on the inner envelope.
- Unmarried couples living together are not connected with “and”.
- Proofread your list carefully.
- If you are unsure of other etiquette situations, please call me or refer to Crane’s Wedding Guide Crane.com etiquette
Sample addresses for list:
- Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
123 Forest Avenue
Nashville, TN 37214
John and Maria, John Jr., Jackie, Jamie
- Mr. Jim Doe
Ms. Jane Buck
456 Deer Street
Hermitage, TN 37076
Jim and Jane
It is very important to order 10-15% extra envelopes. You will find omissions and errors in your list, and I make mistakes too!
- $2.50 single envelope: Copperplate, black ink, unlined envelope
- $3.25 per pair: Copperplate, Inside and outside envelopes, black ink, unlined envelopes
- $2.75 single envelope: Italic, black ink, unlined envelope
- $3.50 per pair: Italic, inside and outside envelopes, black ink, unlined envelopes
- $3.50 per pair: Quirky RosesPen original style, black ink, unlined envelopes
- $.75 each: Place Card/Name Card/Escort Card (1 line) copperplate, black ink
- $1.25 each: Place Card (1 line) copperplate white, gold ink or colored ink
Please email or call ahead in order to reserve time on my calendar. I will need to know how many envelopes/place cards you need addressed and by what date you need them finished. A 40% deposit is required at the time the commitment is made. I require 10 business days, for up to 100 envelopes.